Your gas boiler is the heart of any central heating system. It is what makes your house a home. It can also bring you an on-demand supply of hot water.
Carrying out an inspection on your boiler will not only help keep it running smoothly throughout the year, it may also reduce the risk of a breakdown, as well as helping to prolong the life of your boiler.
- A full inspection of the entire chimney structure and where necessary, cleaning of the burner, combustion chamber, any injectors and heat exchanger. Inspection of ignition devices i.e. pilot lights and/or spark and flame sensing electrodes.
- Checking the integrity of all seals and gaskets.
- Ensure that any condensate traps and drains are free from debris.
- Testing the appliance in accordance with manufacturer’s instruction to ensure:
- the heat input and/or operating pressure are correct.
- the effectiveness of the flue, that all ventilation requirements are to current standards.
- the correct operation of all safety devices and that the boiler is safe for continuous use.
- A final combustion analysis and measurement against tolerances set by the manufacturer’s instructions.
- A test of all disturbed gas connections. Carry out functional testing of heating and hot water.
- A visual inspection of any other encountered gas appliances, written notification of any gas safety defect which may affect the safe operation of your appliances.
- An assessment of your current heating controls and best practice advice regarding energy efficiency.